Danny,

You raise a good question.  Attributes were, in my understanding, supposed
to be stored on the Mail objects.  MimeMessage objects would not be touched.
For something like mbox or maildir, which are standard formats that need to
be read by other toosl, I don't think that there is a place to preserve the
meta-data from the Mail object (but we can check).

During processing it is a non-issue beause the mail objects will be
persistent in the spool, and will preserve that information.  If we want to
make it a requirement to support special stores for spam and error that
preserve the associated mail objects, I think that'll be OK.

        --- Noel