I've tried the following settings:
> props.put("mail.smpt.connectiontimeout", "6000");
Taken from Qmail - 60 second timeout is fine

> props.put("mail.smtp.timeout", "1200000");
Taken from Qmail - 20 minute timeout on I/O. This may be less than
desirable. Someone may be sending you 1 byte every 19 minutes. This
keeps the channel open and acts like a DOS attack.

> props.put("mail.smtp.localhost", "stockholm.inovem.com");
Not sure this is useful. Doesn't cause any problems, but I think it
doesn't add much either.

> props.put("mail.smtp.sendpartial", "true");
This appears on the surface to be nice, but I don't think it is.
I send a mail to 2 people, 1 address gives me a 5xx error (mail box full
for example). Which one succeed? Do I try again later? Do I end up
sending the same message many times (once per attempt) to the user who I
can send to?
I'm not sure, but I think this may be a bad idea.
It also leaks memory slowly and persitantly. My current opinon with
JavaMail's SMTP transport is to keep it simple. So I'd recommend NOT
using it.

In summary add the following:
props.put("mail.smpt.connectiontimeout", "6000");
props.put("mail.smtp.timeout", "1200000");

I don't have the time today to do a proper job and add the extra items
to the config file. I can do it tomorrow though.

-- Jason