On Tuesday 24 June 2003 23:08, Noel J. Bergman wrote:

> > I know ;) (you contacted me few weeks/months ago)
>
> And it is still a good idea.  :-)

Agree

> > Any suggestion where I should look at / how I could start?
>
> Take a look at the other services, NNTP, POP3, SMTP, etc.  Odds are that
> you can start by cloning one of them off and stripping out the protocol
> handling from the handler class.
>
> Also take a look at JavaMail, particularly Message.  I think that there are
> things in JavaMail that didn't keep Message as content-neutral as it could

No prob, I've some experience with javamail & james; see my simple test drive
having mail=>soap bridge:
http://cvs.sourceforge.net/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/nvdcms/mail-soap/

My real problem is how can we set James/OpenIM communication ?

> have been, but I think that they are resolvable with an XMPPMessage
> subclass, and perhaps using the XMPP/MIME mapping
> (http://www.jabber.org/jeps/jep-0081.html).

ugg, this spec is quiet foggy... ;)
"This JEP is Experimental. Implementation of the protocol described herein is
NOT RECOMMENDED except in an exploratory fashion (e.g., in a proof of
concept)"

To be able to continue this way, we need to find a jabber client able to
support this experimental jep... (none yet...?)

We better try to support text/plain format to start. no?