I also have been considering an interface of some type.  I suggest any work
done on an admin interface should consider implementing the interface
through JMX.  JMX will simplify the development of the interface, provide a
default HTML interface, and allow for SNMP links.

> A few months back someone had mentioned building an Admin Interface for
> James.  Is that still a work in progress?  Or is it not being developed?

I'm not affilieated to this project but I started today the same kind of
application... A plain Java app to do the same as the remote manager...

> I had the info stored on a machine I rebuilt and subsequently lost the
> contact info to the individual(s) that were going to create it.  Anybody
> know anything about this?  I've searched the archives and found
nothing....