We're running James 2.1.1 on top of MySQL 4.0.4 (Red Hat 7.3) beta using the mysql driver that comes with James and it's running great. Upgrading to 4.0.10 soon.

In fact, we've been running several Java apps with MySQL from 4.0.3 up through 4.0.10 as each comes out (with the new releases of Connector/J) for our product and have found it to be extremely stable.

Eric Weidner
Out-of-the-Box
http://www.ejbsolutions.com

Danny Angus wrote:

James configured to store mail in mysql. I start mysql then james, and after 20-30 seconds (the time it takes for james to be properly initialized) mysql goes 100% CPU. Stopping james does not solve the problem. I upgraded to james 2.1.1 without luck. So it sounds like a mysql problem triggered by james. Anybody running james on top of mysql 4.0.6gamma [on Linux]?

Not me

I probably will have to update mysql. Anybody running 4.0.10? Does it look more stable?

Not me either, try using a stable release...

d.