----- Original Message -----
From: "Tom Pridham" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Am I crazy?  I welcome advice, suggestions etc.

It is a good idea, btw. as a data point.
Brightmail does something similar, ie. tries to collect spam mail and update
filters in 'real time'.
Spamnet or Vipul's Razor is another example of something similar.
Also you can get a lot already collected spam from
http://www.spamarchive.org/

It would be very cool if your site can collect feeds. A lot of mail server
hosts collect spam information(I do) and if you specify a statistics format
or mail headers format I am sure folks will be happy to help you fight spam
by sharing stats.

Regd headers: One thing to think about - Information extraction could occur
from mail store(repository) or in mailets.
Btw. I would not suggest you delete spam, only mark mail as checked for spam
and marked as spam or not. I assume your honepot can recieve legitimate mail
too.

Harmeet