I would like to know the difference between these two sentences.

"Boku no inu wa aruite iru."

vs. "Boku no inu wa aruite aru."

If I remember correctly, "-te aru" is a verbal form that serves to 
indicate a static verbal state. For example, "Hon wa dai ni oite aru 
kedo." (I put the book on the stand). What exactly is the function of "-
te aru"?

My Japanese is quite rusty, so I'll need to go over the basics again.

- Arian I.



 
Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Japanese_Language/

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Japanese_Language/join
    (Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
    mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] 
    mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
    [EMAIL PROTECTED]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
 

Reply via email to