I just joined this list in order to respond to some recent
questions and comments about TowerJ, especially as it relates
to JServ and Linux.

1) The Linux connections problem is fixed for TowerJ 3.0
     (which is shipping in March.)
2) TowerJ 3.0 will also have a poll option (as opposed to the
     current select oriented implementation.) This improves
     VolanoMark performance on Linux 2.2 by another 5-6%.
3) TowerJ is also available on NT (x86 and Alpha) and many
     flavors of Unix. Those platforms do not have the scalability
     problems that we experienced on Linux and typically can
     handle 1000's of connections.
4) TowerJ is in active use for a variety of business critical
     systems including those of several publicly traded internet
     companies. Watch for details at our site.

Hope this helps and was sufficiently on topic.

Rock

Robert "Rock" Howard                              [EMAIL PROTECTED]
CTO, Tower Technology Corporation           http://www.twr.com
1501 W. Koenig Lane, Austin, TX 78756       Tel (512) 452-9455
Server-Side Java(tm) Performance Experts    Fax (512) 452-1721