Hello,

Firstly I hope that this is the correct mailing list to which this request
should be posted.

I am currently attempting to configure JServ on a Windows 95 machine
(strange I realise).  I am using ApacheJServ1_0b2-Apache1_3_4.

Accessing jserv as a servlet using the URL http://localhost/jserv/ works
fine.  I cannot get any of my own servlets to work.  One of my problems is
that I do not understand where the $ROOT directory lies in relation to
jserv.

If I place HelloWorldServlet.class in my htdocs directory I get the
message:-
***********
Not Found

The requested URL /HelloWorldServlet/ was not found on this server
***********

or if I set up the zones and try to access
http://localhost/servlets/development/HelloWorldServlet/ with a directory
structure of servlets/development/ set up under the htdocs directory.

***********
Internal Server Error
to complete your request.
Please contact the server administrator, [no address given] and inform them
of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may
have caused the error.
********

Any general pointers which you can give me will be greatly appreciated.

George Burne

email: [EMAIL PROTECTED] <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
http://www.trintech.com <http://www.trintech.com>