Hi again

Even when I include the example jserv.conf into httpd.conf AND start apache
using 'apachectl start', I still do not get any detail error info.  All that
is returned is 'apachectl start: httpd could not be started'.  My guess is
that the jserv.conf settings are in conflict with how Apache is configured.
It may be due to the fact that I installed Apache under my unix account
which is not root and the jserv.conf settings for server communication
protocal and/or default host settings assume a root installation of Apache.
For example, when Apache is not installed as root, its default listen port
is 8080 and 'localhost: 8080' must be used as the connection URL. I have no
idea what to change in the example jserv.conf???

mike