BEFORE YOU POST, search the faq at <http://java.apache.org/faq/>
WHEN YOU POST, include all relevant version numbers, log files,
and configuration files.  Don't make us guess your problem!!!

Hi All

I have posted this question before but never got an answer for it. The JVM dies on a
frequent basis when there is a heavy load even for a hello world servlet throwing an
error message
"An error occurred listening to the port: OutOfMemory error"
The weird part is I have been monitoring the heap extensively and doesn't grow
anywhere close to the max heap size.
Since the JVM's are started in the manual mode I use ms and mx commands to set the
heap up.
My setup is Apache 1.3.9 + two JServ 1.1 on a Solaris2.6
Java - JDK1.1.8 + JSDK2.0
Server E220

By looking at the Jserv code the system exits if there is a OutOfMemory error. The GC
gets called fine, using a Runtime to get the heap returns the same heap values that I
am monitoring. I don't have a clue what to look for! The only observation is it
happens at heavy loads.

HA