Robert Engels wrote:
In implementing the 'reopen()' method SegmentReader needs to be subclassed
in order to support 'refreshing' the deleted documents.

Why subclass? Why not simply change SegmentReader? It's not a public class at present, and making it a public class would be a bigger change than should be required to implement reopen.

But perhaps I just don't yet understand how you intend to implement re-open. I think I'd implement it as something that inquired whether the deletions have changed, and if they have, clone the SegmentReader, re-opening all files, but only re-reading the deletions.

Doug