: I think it was Doug that mentioned a while ago that a HowToContribute
: page was needed. One exists for other projects' wikis but since the
: style used by the other projects isn't the same, the content isn't quite
: as easy to steal and place.

Actually, there is one...

http://wiki.apache.org/jakarta-lucene/HowToContribute

...It says a lot about the state of the wiki that you couldn't find it.

I think a big part of it is that there is a lot of cruft on the wiki,
another part of it may be that the current nature of the FrontPage scares
people away from modifying it.

If you are interested in making the wiki better, I say slash and burn --
hack away anything you don't think is usefull, and if someone disagrees,
they can add it back later.

-Hoss