On 9/21/06, Steve Harris <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
My guess is that some segment of the world cares a lot about realtime
coherent updates and some segment of the world needs blinding speed.
Part of my research is to gather the expertise of this group on these
issues.

I hear ya...

There is another part to the equation for Lucene though.
Coherent realtime updates to the IndexWriter/RamDirectory alone
doesn't get you all the way there since things are only readable
through an IndexReader that needs to be reopened to see changes.

-Yonik