Two quicks things I can think of:
- make sure that 'fieldToSearch' == "allText"
- make sure writer is closed after all docs added and then open the
reader/searcher

Otherwise, can you provide more info:
- at least one example where it "doesn't work":
  - 'searchText' - the text of the field added to the document, that should
be returned by the query but is not.
  - 'search'  - the query text, for the query that should find that
document, but does not.
- which analyzer is used at search
- which analyzer used at indexing