I have updated my doc.add() to use Store.YES...

>> 'search' is the desired search string
>> 'searchText' is the choosen indexing string
>> -both these strings are correctly entered

>I realized that. I was asking about an example of theactual strings that
>demostrates the problem.

I am currently searching for "test" which makes 'search' = "test*'.  Also I
do not remember the exact string for 'searchText' but it did start with
"test" in one occurrence.

>What is the wrong behavior you see? Is it that the same query text did not
>return the expected documents? Or do you see some results without, say, the
>correct summary? If this one is the case, most likely your application is
>counting on stored text so the change above might fix that.

I can use the debugger (and step through the index process) and see that
there is at least one occurence where a 'searchText' is added which contains
"test".  The problem though is that this one is not in the results when
searching.  Mean that I have found that these values are indexed (as far as
I know - indexWriter adds it), but when searching against them, they are not
coming up in the search.

>Yes and no. This should not cause the problem you now have. But this is not
>efficient, as opening a searcher takes time, and getting it to speed
>(warming up 'system IO') takes longer. You would see faster search if you
>use keep a single searcher instance to be used for queries (you can use the
>same searcher for concurrent searches) and re-open that searcher once in a
>while - when the index was updated. There were several discussions on this
>in the mailing list, and I think the FAQ also mentions this.

Thank you for the idea.  I think I will run this by the higher ups to see if
I can do this task next.

I hope this gives you a better idea of what I am trying to accomplish.
Thank you for your help.