Just because you've gotten back doesn't mean the issue is gone.

No, just clarifying whose court the ball is in. In the patch available
case, it's clear. Looking at the some long standing open issues,
sometimes discussion peters out and it's not clear whether submitter and
commenters are on the same page as to what, if anything, is
resolved/needs to be done.

But I'm thinking maybe there's nothing to be done here. It's not just
about the Jira workflow, it's also about the roles that dev participants
choose to take on. Nothing's stopping anyone.

        So is Hadoop's workflow acceptable to all?

Works for me. And should that happen, I would like to be added to the
Jira developer list.