there is a third way Doug,  and it's for me to stop trying to be polite by
answering all the questions that I am being asked, then nobody will get
upset by my replies. If the decision is for no encryption at field level, I
accept it, but I don't believe it should be externalised. Perhaps someone
else will pick up your offer.

V.