On 12/19/06, Otis Gospodnetic <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Bingo! :)  I'll try the patch shortly and report back in a bit.

Cool, since you can serve as a test-case, I'll hold of on committing
until I hear how it works.

What do you think about that alternative approach I mentioned?  Instead of
having FieldCacheImpl be aware of all IndexReaders, have FieldCache be an inst
var in IndexReader?

I wonder why it wasn't done that way to start with.... perhaps to
completely separate sorting from index reading.  Anyway, it's not
backward compatible, and it doesn't buy us much to change now does it?
We would get rid of a singe hash lookup on the reader, which is
insignificant compared to anything the FieldCache is used for anyway.

-Yonik