On 12/19/06, robert engels <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
I would suggest that in order to even bring up "thread local issues"
in the future that the submitter supplies a pure Java NON-LUCENE test
case that demonstrates the problem (just as you would if reporting a
bug to Sun).

All of the "guessing" about what is going on is counter productive.
You can review the JDK source code, and you can run test cases.

There is nothing inherently broken in ThreadLocals, and people that
keep claiming that are only doing a disservice to the people that
make sure Java is a robust and reliable platform.

I didn't observe any maligning of java ThreadLocals in this thread--I
only noticed questions about lucene's use of them.  I can understand
that you are worried about FUD, but I don't think that is happening
here, nor are anyone's efforts being disprespected.

-Mike