On 4/5/07, Chris Hostetter <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

: Thanks!  But remember many Lucene apps won't see these speedups since I've
: carefully minimized cost of tokenization and cost of document retrieval.  I
: think for many Lucene apps these are a sizable part of time spend indexing.

true, but as long as the changes you are making has no impact on the
tokenization/docbuilding times, that shouldn't be a factor -- that should
be consiered a "cosntant time" adjunct to the code you are varying ...
people with expensive analysis may not see any significant increases, but
that's their own problem -- people concerned about performance will
already have that as fast as they can get it, and now the internals of
document adding will get faster as well.

Especially since it is relatively easy for users to tweak the analysis
bits for performance--compared to the messy guts of index creation.

I am eagerly tracking the progress of your work.

-Mike