> > Whatever files also need to be included along with the jars in order to
> > make the maven distribution complete that can't be built completley
> > dynamicly (ie: the md5 files) can certainly be commited into the
> > repository ... but if making a release requires a lot of manual upating to > > those files, it's going to be a hinderane to the process ... things like > > version number and date should ideally be filled in via variables to help
> > keep things automated.

> This starts to sound like a plan that can work. I'll see if I can hack
> something up as a patch fow a review. Do you think poms should live in a
> separate dir or should they be spread across dirs (modules).

Hi Sami,

as you may have noticed we're aiming for a Lucene 2.2 release in about two
weeks and as it looks like I will be acting as RM. I'd like to get the maven
upload right this time, but I admit that I don't have much experience with
maven in general. I'll try to get familiar with it during the next days, but
some help will definitely be useful.

I already committed LUCENE-802 (patch from Steven Parkes) that adds
LICENSE.TXT and NOTICE.TXT to the Lucene jars. I think what remains is to
have our ant script generate the poms for maven, right? Have you made progress
with your patch yet?

Regards,
Michael