>>it's just a tool for generating HTML docs from the DTD right?

Yep.

>>the generated HTML docs could be commited to the repository

Its would be more convenient to build the docs automatically on the servers rather than upload generated copies manually but I can see that may not be possible. I guess I'm happy to maintain the generated docs manually and add an ant task for anyone else who has DTDdoc installed locally and wants to update the docs.

Cheers
Mark