On 10-Dec-07, at 11:31 AM, Shai Erera wrote:

As you can see, the actual allocation time is really negligible and there isn't much difference in the avg. running times of the queries. However, the *current* runs performed a lot worse at the beginning, before the OS cache
warmed up.

This surprises me. I would have thought that the query execution at this point would be IO-bound, hence _less_ suceptible to a little extra gc.

The only significant difference is the number of allocations - the modified TDC and PQ allocate ~90% (!) less objects. This is significant, especially
in heavy loaded systems.

I agree; this is desirable.

nice work,
-Mike