Michael,

Do you think we should include java-user in this pre-release testing?

It seems like it can only help us to ferret out issues, and, keeps our users informed/excited about an upcoming release?

Mike

Michael Busch wrote:

Hi all,

I just uploaded Lucene 2.3 release candidate 2 to
http://people.apache.org/~buschmi/staging_area/lucene_2_3/rc2.

Changes compared to RC1:
- LUCENE-1125: fix over-zero-filling that was drastically slowing down
small docs w/ term vectors
- LUCENE-1117: fix EnwikiDocMaker to not hang when the producer thread
hits exception

- release files only contain version-specific documentation
- the binary release artifacts include README* files in some contrib
directories
- release filenames consistent with previous releases (2.3.0 instead of 2.3)
- CHANGES.txt contains tentative 2.3 release date

Please switch to RC2 and keep testing!
-Michael