: I think it would be quite clean if all XXXQuery classes that simply
: enumerate certain terms and then match all docs containing those
: terms, would subclass MultiTermQuery which itself would implement
: set/getRewriteMethod?

FWIW: that may be tricky for the collator logic that was added to
RangeQuery.

: > > I am torn on this one. Not against the idea, but I think it should be
: > > consistent with ConstantScoreRangeQuery, and it seems a bit awkward to
: > > deprecate that at this point. Not a huge deal either way I guess though.

it wouldn't really be that awkward.  assuming RangeQuery had an option for
rewriting to a ConstantScoreQuery, ConstantScoreRangeQuery becomes as
simple as...

   public class ConstantScoreRangeQuery extends RangeQuery {
     public ConstantScoreRangeQuery(...) {
        super(...);
        this.setRewriteConstantScore(true);
     }