In favor of new QueryWrapperFilter(new XXXQuery(...))?

Actually you'd probably want to do this (should be faster than big BooleanQuery, and, won't hit the clause limit):

  MultiTermQuery q = new XXXQuery(...);
  q.setUseConstantScorer(true);
  Filter f = new QueryWrapperFilter(q);

It may be better to keep them around (but delegate using that code above) since this code is not immediately obvious and is somewhat roundabout? But I'm not sure how popular these filters are, so I could go either way.

Or I suppose we could fix QueryWrapperFilter to notice it's wrapping a MultiTermQuery and just ask it directly for the DocIdSet? In fact I think we should do this regardless of whether we deprecate those 3.

Mike

Mark Miller wrote:

Do we want to deprecate all of the Prefix/Range/Wildcard Filter classes?