Sounds like a good proposition.

There's one problem I'd like to address. Good names for
classes/members matter, and matter much. They directly affect how fast
a newcomer is able to understand that particular API, it also affects
how comfortable you work with it once you did understand. When we're
deprecating existing methods and adding new, 'better' ones, bad or
mediocre names replace good names in parts of the code that are most
often used. And there's no way around it.

It's somewhat crazy, but what if we deprecate stuff and rename it? New
stuff gets best names, old stuff is still accessible and with a
"Migration Guide" it's easy to patch client code.

Kirill Zakharenko/Кирилл Захаренко (ear...@gmail.com)
ICQ: 104465785