> I would like to go forward with moving the classes into the right packages
> and optimize the way, how queries and analyzers are created (only one
> class
> for each). The idea from LUCENE-1673 to use static factories to create
> these
> classes for the different data types seems to be more elegant and simplier
> to maintain than the current way (having a class for each bit size).
>
> So I think I will start with 1673 and try to present something useable,
> soon
> (but without payloads, so the payload/position-bits setting is "0").

Another question not so simple to answer: When embedding these TermPositions
into the whole process, how would this work with MultiTermQuery? The current
algorithm is simple: The TrieRangeTermEnum simply enumerates the possible
terms from the index and MTQ creates the BitSet or a BooleanQuery of
TermQueries. How to do this with positions? In both cases there need
specialities (the TermEnum must return that the actual term is a
payload/position one and must filter using TermPositions). For the filter
its then easy, the TermQueries added to BooleanQuery in the other case must
also use the payloads. Questions & more questions.

I tend to release TrieRange with 2.9 without Positions/Payloads.

Uwe