>> If you're doing a full optimize, you're still using a single thread. Am I
>> wrong?
>
> Depends on how many merges are required, and, the merge scheduler.  In
> this case (w/ 7000 segments, which is way too many, normally!),
> assuming ConcurrentMergeScheduler, multiple threads will be used since
> many merges will be pending.
>
> When it gets down to the last (enormous) merge, it's only one thread.
I'm speaking about full optimize. Is there any way to do it more
efficiently then running a single, last (enormous) merge?
If you try to parallelize, you're merging some documents several times
(more work) and killing your disks, as merges are mostly IO-bound.

--
Kirill Zakharenko/Кирилл Захаренко (ear...@gmail.com)
ICQ: 104465785