Hi Earwin,

I am strongly +1 on this. I would also make the Release Manager for 3.1, if
nobody else wants to do this. I would like to take the preflex tag or some
revisions before (maybe without the IndexWriterConfig, which is a really new
API) to be 3.1 branch. And after that port some of my post-flex-changes like
the StandardTokenizer refactoring back (so we can produce the old analyzer
still without Java 1.4).

So +1 on branching pre-flex and release as 3.1 soon. The Unicode improvements
rectify a new release. I think also s1monw wants to have this.

Uwe

-----
Uwe Schindler
H.-H.-Meier-Allee 63, D-28213 Bremen