From: JKid314159 <lucky314...@gmail.com>
Subject: [java ee programming] javac??
To: "Java EE (J2EE) Programming with Passion!"
<java-ee-j2ee-programming-with-passion@googlegroups.com>
Date: Wednesday, February 24, 2010, 7:56 AM

Hi!

I was preparing my new computer for this course and dowloaded the "JDK
+ Java EE Bundle."  No previous version of Java was installed on this
machine.
1)
command line:
java -version
gives the following:
java version "1.6.0_17"
Java (TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.6.0_17-b04)
Java HotSpot (TM) 64 Bit Server VM (build 14.3-b01, mixed mode).
2)
My HelloWorld.java file did not compile with error message:
javac is not recognized as an internal...
3)
Then I went to Environmental Variables and ammended the path with the
following:
C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.6.0_02\bin.
The path already had the following in it:
C:\Program Files\Sun\SDK\bin
4)
I went to install the Acrobat reader/viewer for free and it would not
install and gave error:
Java VM not installed.
I think I was suppose to install the SE version.  Also, I started the
server but did not know how to stop it?

The JDK is installed and so therefore the JRE is installed and I
thought this would have what is need?

Can I ask for your feedback on this?

Thank you,

Alex