1) java.exe definately installed
2) I do not think you installed JDK, but  only the JRE is installed .
Thus "java" is there but not "javac"
Or other posibilty is that javac is not  in "C:\Program Files\Java
\jdk1.6.0_02\bin  "
Verify by looking at C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.6.0_02\bin using
windows explorer and
see if you have the "javac.exe"
3) verify the javac,exe is in the "C:\Program Files\Java
\jdk1.6.0_02\bin " as said above  --
  if yes , assuming the environment variable is set
   open a new command line --  and type in "javac" it should say
something like
"Usage: javac <options> <source files
where possible options include:
...."
if the file is there but -- your still getting error -- check your
path varibale by typing in
set  path

4) this one is a bummer  -- i do not really know why. See if a restart
of windows  help
if not unistall java stuff, then just install just the jdk
5 ) how do know the server is running? Is there a icon on the right
hand side of your task
bar? then right ckick on it -- it should have an option to stop it ,
also in the Start menu
look for "Sun" I think -- I had the similar problem then I remove that
appliaction server.
I also found it very annoying .
 BTW, the fact that the server is running makes me more confused about
#4( acrobat
cannot find java VM)

Hope it helps