On Sat, 2013-07-20 at 00:38 +0100, Johan Groth wrote:
> Hi,
> I've just installed libjava-gnome-java on a Ubuntu 13.04 box (only
> Linux dist I've got available). Fired up Eclipse Juno, added the
> library to my project (and the docs of course) and tried to run it but
> I'm getting an exception! What is going on here?

> Exception in thread "main" java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError
>     at org.gnome.gtk.Gtk.init(Gtk.java:95)

This is bizarre.

>     at
> org.freedesktop.bindings.Plumbing.loadNativeCode(Plumbing.java:192)
>     at org.freedesktop.bindings.Plumbing.<clinit>(Plumbing.java:110)
>     ... 2 more

Ok, that's more interesting.

This means the code at line 191 returned null. [which is why I'm so
particular about not chaining method calls]. So ProtectionDomain's
getCodeSource() is returning null. That's annoying; . It doesn't here.

What version of Java are you using? And, can you describe how you're
running the program (from within Eclipse? from the command line?).

AfC
Sydney