I do use/have used java gnome on all 3 versions of Ubuntu starting from Ubuntu 12.04 namely 12.04, 12.10, 13.04. It does work fine on all of these versions.

Only difference I can think of is our jar file is built locally and deployed to internal maven repository where all other developers access it. If I remember correctly, the jar is built on 12.04 and used on all other versions of ubuntu.

We do use Oracle JDK.

Regards,

Niranjan