> My program run well in BLKDOWN Jdk1.2.2. So, I think it is not related to my
> program
> such as dead lock. Of course, I focused on the dead lock for several days.

That reminds me; I have had dead-lock problems with IBM's JDK 1.3 too, in an
IRC implementation I have written/am writing. For historical reasons I used
Thread.sleep and Thread.interrupt to sleep/interrupt in between
sending/dispatching messages; for some reason I suffered random but
extremeley common dead lock on IBM's JVM. After switching to using
wait() and notify() (like it was supposed to have been from the beginning),
the dead locks stopped.

However, there was nothing wrong with the original code (as far as I could
se), except that it was ugly to use sleep/interrupt, so I'd say IBM's JDK
definitely has an issue there. No such thing with Sun's 1.3 though.

PGP userID: 0x5584BD98 or 'Peter Schuller <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>'
Key retrival: Send an E-Mail to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
E-Mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED] Web: http://scode.infidyne.com