At 09:57 10/26/00 +0200, Andreas Rueckert wrote:
>I wonder how much a GPLed Sun Java would help Classpath. Would it mean that
>those who had to take a look at the Sun sources could contribute to the
>project?

I can't speak for everyone, but a lot of us would still not be able to, even
if sun were to license everything from the bytecode up through the language
specifications (as non-sensical as that would seem) under the GPL, or turn it
all over to ISO or whoever....

now the forces of openness
     have a powerful and
     unexpected new ally