> I just upgraded my laptop from RedHat 6.2 to RedHat 7.0 and found out that :
>
> - The Sun JDK 1.2.2-006 seg faults

This sounds like a problem that occurs with SuSE 6.4, tracked  by Sun bug
4345034.  This problem involves memory allocation, and has nothing to do
libraries.  With the SuSE 6.4 kernel, a workaround is to issue the command

               echo 4 > /proc/sys/vm/heap-stack-gap

This command needs to be issued once after the system is booted (you must be
the su).  It's worth at try.

Regards,

Barnet Wagman