I downloaded Sun JDK Standard Edition v 1.3.0 for Linux and executed
the shell script sh ./j2sdk-1_3_0-forte_ce-1_0_2-linux.sh. It extracted
all the files but after going into the /usr/local/jdk1.3/bin directory,
when I gave the command 'java', it did not execute.

On giving ls -l command in the /usr/loca;/jdk1.3/bin directory it
displayed all the files (including java) as java -> java_wrapper.
There were two additional files in the directory 'realpath' and
'.java_wrapper'.

On giving the executing sh ./realpath also nothing happened.

I serached all over internet, but could be get a detailed answer which
could resolve my problem.

Please help me by detailing how do I run java SDK on Linux and what is
the purpose of 'realpath' and .java_wrapper. Can I scrap them by
changing links and simple use java ? If yes, what steps should I follow
?

Thanks in advance for your help,

Regards,
GP