I installed JDK1.2.2 on the same machine that was running 1.3.0 and jdb works
fine now. So I guess that there is a problem with jdb in 1.3.0.

Joaquin
----- Forwarded message from Joaquin Rapela <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> -----

Date: Fri, 22 Dec 2000 07:57:11 -0800
From: Joaquin Rapela <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: JDB hangs-up 1.3.0-FCS

I am having troubles with jdb while using:

RedHat 6.2, Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (build Blackdown-1.3.0-FCS, mixed mode).

When I run "jdb Test", where Test is a simple class, I get the
"Initializing jdb ...".

When I type "run" I get:

> run
run Test

VM Started:

and jdb hangs up there.

Some hints:

1. When I run "jdb Test" and a "ps -e" I can see several instances of the jdb
program running,
2. When I type "run" and jdb hangs-up I can see both several instances of jdb
and several instances of the java vm.

In other machine I'm running JDK1.2.2_RC4 and jdb works fine.

Has anybody used jdb in 1.3.0-FCS?

Any hint would be greatly appreciated, Joaquin

----- End forwarded message -----