On Tue, 16 Jan 2001, Yasuhiro Kaizu wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have recently installed the Red Hat Linux 7.0 and jdk1.2.2.  But jave
> won't run and the error message appears on this new OS.  I have been running
> jdk1.2.2 on the Red Hat Linux 6.0 for several months and I have never had
> such a kind of trouble.  Does anyone know why java runs on the version 6.0
> and it does not run on the 7.0?  Thank you.

Red Hat has released at least 3 new sets of rpms for 7.0 which address
bugs in the glibc packages.  Some of the bugs fixed include some killers
which break Sun's JVM.

I'd go visit an update site (I usually try ftp.valinux.com first) and
download every available glib*rpm for 7.0.

--
Joi Ellis                    Software Engineer
Aravox Technologies          [EMAIL PROTECTED], [EMAIL PROTECTED]

No matter what we think of Linux versus FreeBSD, etc., the one thing I
really like about Linux is that it has Microsoft worried.  Anything
that kicks a monopoly in the pants has got to be good for something.
           - Chris Johnson