How do I know if I have Potato or Woody? I'm assuming
Woody because I have Debian 2.1 but I really don't
know.

Also, I only need to download one package from the
blackdown.org site correct, and this .deb package file
will have the updates for my glibc? I'm new to Debian,
and was thinking of downloading the one jsdk .deb file
and installing it by typing
ar x packagefile.deb

Can you tell me if I am correct or do I need to use
apt if I have an old glibc?

I have only a 28k modem, so I prefer the most
appropriate solution. I was thinking of doing the
download from a friends computer and burning the file
onto a cd.

Thank you for the help
Sean