On Thu, 12 Apr 2001, John N. Alegre wrote:

> Looking for input.
>
> What is the current favored environment for developing J2ME on Linux?  Is there
> anything better for NT?  I wish to develop on Linux and deploy using a Palm KVM
> but due to the nature of the deadlines the superiority of the development
> environment will be more important then my normal choice of Linux as my working
> platform.

news:borland.public.jbuilder.handheld contains an active group of
people writing J2ME stuff with JBuilder on Linux.  Borland has a free
download of some sort that integrates ME with JBuilder.  I think it's
compatible with the free-download-version of JBuilder Foundation, too.

I haven't used it myself.

http://www.borland.com/jbuilder/hhe/

--
Joi Ellis                    Software Engineer
Aravox Technologies          [EMAIL PROTECTED], [EMAIL PROTECTED]

No matter what we think of Linux versus FreeBSD, etc., the one thing I
really like about Linux is that it has Microsoft worried.  Anything
that kicks a monopoly in the pants has got to be good for something.
           - Chris Johnson