On Wed, Apr 18, 2001 at 11:37:46AM +0530, Vinod Lamba wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> How you can get environment variable other than jvm's
> while you are running a servlet.
>
> Say you set a variable "MYSYSTEM=file://we/weew"  and now u want it thru
> ur
> servlet.

Java has no methods to support this. You have a couple of options to
work around it:

- Call the java launcher from a script that reads all environment
  variables and defines corresponding properties to include in the
  command line.

- Write a JNI method that makes the native calls needed to read
  environment variables.

Nathan