If your servlet engine is tomcat, you can define in the configuration file
for your servlet, web.xml as:

        <init-param>
            <param-name>MYSYSTEM</param-name>
            <param-value>file://we/weed/weew</param-value>
        </init-param>

and access it through getInitParameters()

I'm sure other servlet engines have similar mechanisms.

--
Diego Pons                                     Pharos Consulting LLC
[EMAIL PROTECTED]                                  Los Angeles, CA