On Wed, 25 Apr 2001, Chao Liu wrote:

> Is the asimov is your computer name in the net. But after I use export
>DISPLAY=mycomputername:0.0
> error:
> _X11TransSocketINETConnect: Can't connect: errno = 111
> _X11TransSocketINETConnect: Can't connect: errno = 111
> _X11TransSocketINETConnect: Can't connect: errno = 111

Yes.  The machine(s) involved have to recognize asimov as the name
for the machine itself.  If it can't "ping asimov" then it won't work
as a display variable.  You may need to add an entry to the /etc/hosts
file to make it function.

I've seen the 111 error on general X11 apps, when the path is blocked
between the display server and the x client.  It's saying the JVM
wasn't able to find the machine "mycomputername" or open a socket to
it.

--
Joi Ellis                    Software Engineer
Aravox Technologies          [EMAIL PROTECTED], [EMAIL PROTECTED]

No matter what we think of Linux versus FreeBSD, etc., the one thing I
really like about Linux is that it has Microsoft worried.  Anything
that kicks a monopoly in the pants has got to be good for something.
           - Chris Johnson