On Wed, 2 May 2001, Homayoun Yousefi'zadeh wrote:

> Hello there,
>
> I am using Redhat 7.1 and Kernel 2.4.2.
>
> I have tried both binary and rpm pkgs
> of j2sdk-1_3_0_02 on this box and the
> following is the error msg I get persistently.
>
> [root@dena /usr]# java
> /usr/jdk1.3/bin/java: /usr/bin/cut: No such file or directory
>
> Can somebody please shed some light here?
> BTW, I did not have any problem w/ Redhat 7.0
> and Kernel 2.2.16.

Red Hat moved 'cut' from /usr/bin/cut to /bin/cut.  You can fix it
with a symlink.

What out for 'whence', too.

--
Joi Ellis                    Software Engineer
Aravox Technologies          [EMAIL PROTECTED], [EMAIL PROTECTED]

No matter what we think of Linux versus FreeBSD, etc., the one thing I
really like about Linux is that it has Microsoft worried.  Anything
that kicks a monopoly in the pants has got to be good for something.
           - Chris Johnson