I'm running RedHat 7.1 with a 2.4.4 kernel and Sun's 1.3.1-rc2-b23 without
having to set the LD_ASSUME_KERNEL variable to 2.2.5. It works with all of
the Java apps that I use including JBuilder 4.0 Enterprise and the Java
Plugin. The only exception to not setting the LD_ASSUME_KERNEL variable
is Mozilla 0.9, as far as I know right now.

Hope this helps.

Mike

--
It's not impossible,
  it's just beyond my understanding for the moment.

[EMAIL PROTECTED]