On 31 May 2001 16:09:38 -0700, David Brownell wrote:
> I may have missed this ... will this be covering GCJ?
>
> Compiled Java has some nice advantages.  Including
> more natural and efficient integration with native code,
> as well as faster startup and the ability to do some
> aggressive ahead-of-time optimizations, and working
> better with standard OS tools (RPM etc).

I will mention this, but so far in my experience GCJ has not produced
terribly optimal code, it's behind in terms of JDK support, and is not
supported by any of the application server vendors. Even Turbo/J seems
to have a tough time beating the more recent IBM & Sun JVM's.

I'm curious about your comment about it working better with RPM. Can you
give me an example of this?

--Chris