|hi all, can anyone tell me if there is a way to trace into source
|code and find out which class is invoked and which method in
|various java classes.  i don't have documentation of a project
|which i've been assigned to and need to reverse engineer the
|classes and then get the various paths from the flow of the
|project.  all and any help is appreciated. thanks in advance.

Blatant plug alert:

There are a variety of debuggers around but JProbe Profiler can produce
a call graph that I've found useful for understanding flow of new
programs. I find it easier for getting an overall picture than stepping
with a debugger. Both are obviously limited to code that actually gets
executed.

You can download a copy for evaluation at:

http://www.sitraka.com/try/

The eval is fully functional, but expires after a while.